Welcome to Rhinebeck Chiropractic's blog! As a chiropractor, it is no secret that chiropractic has changed my life. It has changed my life, my family's lives, even those who are close friends of mine; it has changed their lives as well. In fact, to me chiropractic is not a profession or a job. It's a lifestyle. Since it is my lifestyle and a lifestyle for many of those we love, there are certain principles we live by that help us make decisions about the way we live. Here are some of the principles of the chiropractic lifestyle.
- The human body has its own natural ability to heal itself. It needs no help, just no interference.
- The master control system of the body is the nervous system. If this master control system isn't working at 100%, it is impossible for the body to run at 100%.
- Functioning at less than 100% leaves the door open for disease or a decline in health.
We are what we eat, literally. Every 5-7 years every cell currently in your body will be gone and replaced by new ones from the food you are eating today.
- Our thoughts affect our physiology and much more. If we desire a healthy body, we must be nourished with healthy thoughts. What types of thoughts dominate inside your head? Do you watch the news every night knowing that 98% of the stories will be about someone else's misfortune? The news has gotten old and you know it.
- Exercise is a nutrient, so those who don't exercise are malnourished.
- The human body is capable of improving everyday. What ramifications would your life have if you improved a little everyday?
Are you living the chiropractic lifestyle? What are you doing to ensure your spine and nervous system are working at 100%? Are you looking to get healthy or just not sick? Did you know that Americans spend more on healthcare than any other nation, yet the World Health Organization ranks the United States 37th on their list of healthy countries? Have you tried to "Get healthy" and failed before. Not sure where to start? Subscribe to this blog or check back soon as Drs. Jessica and I (Dr. Josh Burckhard) post articles pertaining to your health and living the chiropractic lifestyle.
Want to know more about us? Visit our Web Page at http://www.rhinebeckchiropractic.com/